Sepulveda Building Materials is the premier masonry and landscape rock dealer in Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Diego County, Inland Empire, the Desert Cities and the Coachella Valley.
We have distinctive landscape rock from over 40 quarries to define any new home or re-invent an existing home. Our products include Prefab BBQ Islands and Outdoor Fireplaces, new brick, used brick, barbeques, stone, travertine, slate, firewood, concrete blocks, and much more.
Guide Dogs of America
Guide Dogs of America is dedicated to providing guide dogs and instruction in their use, free of charge, to blind and visually impaired men and women from the United States and Canada so that they may pursue their goals with increased mobility and independence.
While many of us know the pleasure of canine companionship and loyalty, we cannot appreciate the complexity of the relationship between a visually impaired person and his or her guide dog. Guide Dogs of America is expert at incorporating the circumstances surrounding the lifestyle of each visually impaired person when developing their training programs.
Sepulveda Building Materials has sponsored Guide Dogs of America puppies since 2001. This sponsorship covers expenses from breeding to 18 to 20 months old. The puppies are placed in foster homes with volunteer "Puppy Raisers" at eight weeks of age. When the puppies are 18 months old, their Puppy Raisers bring them back to Guide Dogs of America for training. The dogs are extensively evaluated, including medical, orthopedic and eye exams, plus a stress test. Dogs that continue in formal training spend 4 to 6 months learning how to be a guide dog. They practice in all types of environments, including city sidewalks, construction zones, beaches, rural areas, malls and shopping centers, subways and trains, campuses, and heavy traffic downtown areas. When ready, the guide dog will be matched with a blind man or woman that has been accepted into class. Throughout this process Sepulveda Building Materials posts updates on our website!
Guide Dogs of America by the Numbers
- About 30 females and 15 males participate in the breeding season
- The nursery does 800 loads of laundry each month
- About 300 puppies are trained by Puppy Raisers each year
- There are 147 pages in the Puppy Raiser training manual
- The GDA kennel goes through 4,200 pounds of food per month
- The kennel provides 800 baths per month
- There are about 53 dogs in formal training at GDA each month
- Each GDA trainer walks about 150 miles per month and wears out four pairs of shoes per year
- The veterinary department provides about 55 annual vaccinations and 17 spays or neuters per month
- Students listen to 40 lectures during their classes
Last, but not least... cat lovers will be glad to know that two cats reside in the kennel!
Ronald McDonald House
Guide Dogs of America
Sepulveda Building Materials
Charity Golf Tournament